Try this Ayurvedic Hair Oil to define curly hair!
Written by Arli Pagaduan, from the LineaOrganica Marketing Team
"I love your hair!"
This is what my boss said when she saw my curly hair already sprouting from the top of my head. The curls continued on to my still-rebonded hair. It's not always the most pleasant sight for me.
So when I heard my boss say that my naturally curly hair was beautiful and that she loved it, I started believing it too, until I finally decided to stop rebonding my hair—and this was something that I did for 17 years.
When I waited for my curly hair to grow longer, I cut my remaining rebonded hair. Never have I felt so confident in my natural curls, and it all started with someone believing in the beauty of it before I saw it for myself. I wish I hadn't waited so long to embrace what I looked like naturally, but I guess time had a role to play in all this.
When we were younger, there's that subconscious urge to fit in. There's also the widespread culture that only straight hair was beautiful or desirable. There were little resources or media that taught people with curly or wavy hair on how to maintain them too.
At a young age, I learned to not like what I naturally had, and that seeped in and simmered at the back of my mind as I grew older.
I wish that we all saw beauty in all kinds of hair.
Thankfully, because I started working at LineaOrganica and because my boss so genuinely exclaimed her appreciation for my hair multiple times, I began to like my hair too. I was inspired too when she said that she knew someone with thick curly hair and who wore it confidently like the true crowning glory that it is!
Since the end of 2019 until today, I'm loving my natural hair and giving it all the love it can get.
I would use sulfate-free shampoos and silicone-free conditioners (preferably ones that are organic or natural), and as for the treatment, I would use the Radico Ayurvedic Hair Oil once a week! It helps me give definition to my curly hair instead of just letting my hair strands go wherever they want!
Here's how I use it:
1) I shampoo my hair first, then damp dry afterwards.
2) I apply a few drops of the Radio Ayurvedic Hair Oil to my hands, and then spread it all over my scalp and hair.
3) I twist and curl my hair strands to style them. The oil will help keep their form.
4) I cover my hair with a shower cap, and leave it on for at least 30 minutes.
5) I rinse my hair carefully as to not mess up the twists and curls I did.
6) I style the hair strands again if some of them got a little messed up while rinsing.
And that's it!
*It's better that you use warm oil for best results. You may do this by putting the amount of oil that you need in a microwaveable container and microwave it for 10 seconds, or immerse the bottle in hot water (not boiling).
We'd love to see what hairstyles and styling you'll do with the Radico Ayurvedic Hair Oil!
Keep in mind too that Radico Ayurvedic Oil isn't just for curly hair! This product has the following key ingredients and benefits to the hair:
- Bhringraj: rejuvenates the hair and helps prevent graying and hair loss
- Amla: supports hair growth, strengthens the roots of the hair, conditions, moisturises, counteracts hair loss, and provides shine
- Tila: also known as sesame seeds, this helps in prevention of premature hair graying, dandruff, and hair fall, promotes hair growth, and softens damaged hair
- Karpoora: known as camphor, it helps promote hair growth, and it can be used to treat head lice as well
The Radico Ayurvedic Hair Oil is available here for only P750 and at the LineaOrganica Lazada and Shopee! Also as our Women's Month Promo, you can get it for FREE if you buy 2 Radico Organic Hair Color (same shades) until March 31, 2021 only.