Frequently Asked Questions
How long can the hair color be sustained?
- It may last 3-4 weeks, but the duration can still depend on factors like the condition of individual hair strands, as well how fast the gray hair grows. Generally speaking, the gray hair would be reborn in about 3-4 weeks, and you would need to supplement it with another round of hair dyeing.
Is this permanent hair color?
- It is semi-permanent. Please do NOT compare organic hair color to synthetic chemical hair dyes, because they color the hair differently. The ammonia in chemical dyes opens the hair cuticle for the color to enter, while hydrogen peroxide helps deposit the new pigment there. On the other hand, organic hair dye colors the external layer of the hair shaft only.
Would there be any allergic reactions while using the product?
- It is unlikely since Radico Colour Me Organic Hair Color is 100% made up of herbs. However, some people can be allergic to them. To rule out any adverse reactions, please do a patch test first on your skin for at least 15 minutes. If you have a certain condition, please consult with your doctor first before using this product.
Could the product be used as a partial hair dye?
- Yes, if you just want to cover the gray portions of your hair.
Is this safe for pregnant and lactating women?
- Yes. It has a MADE SAFE certification which means that it was made without ingredients known to harm human health. MADE SAFE screens product ingredients for known behavioral toxins, carcinogens, developmental toxins, endocrine disruptors, fire retardants, heavy metals, neurotoxins, high risk pesticides, reproductive toxins, toxic solvents, and harmful VOCs.
Is it applicable for users who have previously used synthetic chemical hair dyes?
- Yes. However, if you have previously used shampoos, conditioners, or hair dyes that contain synthetic chemicals, these leave chemical residues in the hair. Thus, in the first application of Radico Organic Hair Color, the mixture will neutralize the effects of chemicals in your hair.
Would the hair color stain the skin or scalp?
- No, it would not. You just need to use water for a thorough cleaning to remove the dye paste. Please feel safe to color.
Can it effectively color my gray hair?
- Yes, but for best results, we recommend that you follow our suggestion depending on what Radico Organic Hair Color shade you chose to color your grays. To know more about organic hair coloration of gray hair, please refer to the Organic Hair Coloration of Gray Hair portion above,